08 Apr St James’ Safe Deposit – Security Update
There has been extensive media coverage on television and in the newspapers relating to the breach in security at a private London safe deposit company over the Easter weekend.
In response to this, we would like to immediately reassure our customers that security is at the heart of our business and that we always adopt a proactive approach. We have the most up-to-date security systems and assets installed at our facilities in both Manchester and Leeds, and they are regularly reviewed and enhanced.
We conduct regular security audits using specialist independent security consultants. The most recent of these reviews was conducted as recently as 25/26 March 2015 and the consultant (a Chartered Security Professional) was impressed by the “robust” security measures that we have in place.
It would not be appropriate for us to reveal all the details of all our security measures but we would like to advise you of certain key aspects of the protection that we offer to our safe deposit customers. These include:
- All our security assets are remotely monitored by an approved control centre which complies with the relevant British standards and holds National Security Inspectorate (NSI) Gold standard accreditation.
- CCTV cameras are positioned throughout our vaults and all footage is recorded and remotely monitored 24/7 by our control centre.
- Advanced security assets are used to detect any attempt to breach the perimeter walls of the premises.
- Movement detectors are located throughout our premises and will immediately detect any activity occurring outside our opening hours with this information being relayed to our remote monitoring centre.
- All our safe deposit boxes are located within secure vaults and are protected by time locks which prevent any unauthorised access outside our normal hours of business.
- Any alarm activation will induce an immediate security and police response.
- Experienced, and security checked Custodians are present at both of our sites and are supported by mobile response patrols.
- Both sites in Leeds and Manchester have been inspected and approved by an independent insurance broker. If you feel that you would like to insure the contents of any safe deposit box you rent from us this can be done by visiting our website where you can connect to Ellerton Knight Insurance Brokers (FCA regulated). You can take out immediate insurance on-line against loss or theft up to a maximum of £100,000 per box.
If you require any other information please do not hesitate to speak to a member of our staff.